We are looking for a Safety Manager to join our team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Implement and maintain Teeba Company’s Safety Management Systems, in conjunction with and aligned to Teeba Objectives, to support the achievement of the Company Safety Policies and business objectives.
• Facilitate the business risk process within the division to identify and minimize any potentially serious threats to the business.
• Record, monitor and report Divisional Safety performance through established methods and generate regular reports.
• Direct and develop Safety training courses and where necessary to assist with their delivery.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive divisional audit plan and conduct Safety Audits, reviews and assessments to identify areas of improvements and to assess overall performance and make recommendations for action.
• Implement and maintain Corporate Safety Management Systems, to ensure that all operation employees are able to work in a hazardous and risk-free environment.
• Deliver, produce, and advise on training in relation to safety and assist with the development and maintenance of safety systems and databases as required.
• Ensure compliance and to keep up to date with safety legislation, new developments and innovation in safety management, and assist with the reviewing of divisional strategies, policy guidelines and working practices, in line with these changes.
• Assist with the design, development and promotion of effective safety management strategies including planning, monitoring, policy, procedures and guidance documentation, in consultation with management teams, and managers.
• Carry out inspections, audits, investigations and risk assessments relating to safety, making recommendations for improvement, condemning equipment and materials where appropriate for safety reasons and providing related reports.
• ISO 45001 Lead auditor
• ISO 14001 Lead Auditor
Minumum Requirements & Qualifications:
• University Degree in Engineering or any related field
• Has managed safety at a senior level within an FMCG environment for a period of 10 years minimum.
• Awareness of international safety and security codes and their applications
• Able to develop collaborative and productive relationships with managers and be able always, to
• Must be able to conduct safety awareness programs independently
• Up-to-date knowledge of fire legislation, codes of practice, standards, and guidance
• Ability to prepare a programme of learning needs, including preparing, delivering and evaluating training and other developmental activities as appropriate
• Ability to lead an incident investigation team